Wednesday, July 3, 2013

1992-Sexuality Arousement

Who knew that a parlor were little girls and boys would come and get ice cream would turn out to be a place were perverted men would sit and prey on woman and girls. Ajax a handsome man spotted Nel and Sula going to the parlor and yelled his special saying "pig meat." Nel and Sula was not interested in ice cream at all when he called for them it fed into their simple young minds. In class we touched on different events that had occurred throughout this year: Chicken Little getting killed, Sula cutting off the top of her finger, Hannah, Sula's mother saying that she loved Sula but did not love her. Chicken Little's appearance was not expected and nor was his death. Sula and him were playing and he accidently got tossed in the water and drowned. A character that found there way back into the scene was Shadrack. He was known for Starting National Suicide Day and trying to enforce it on everyone. Upon leaving his house he said "Always" to her, this was heavily contemplated on what he could've meant by and my classmates and I. Another issue that arouse a good debate was whether or not Sula should've responded differently when her mother told her girlfriend's and daughter that, " She loved Sula but just did not like her." In my opinion I would say that should have responded very differently, my mother has once stated something very hurtful concerning my voice. She told me that "My voice ignores her and that she would prefer if I no longer would have one." As that being my mom I was hurt because it seemed like when I spoke it was always a problem. Now to this day I harbor the emotion of how I felt when my mother stated those words to me. I feel like Hannah in the long run will end up eating her words and that taste sour as a lemon. On the subject of Sula she is a wild one, she pulled a knife out on these boys that were messing with Nel and accidently cut off her finger. Now when she did that I just knew she would cry but instead she sucked it up and told me that she could do the same thing to them as she did to herself. I feel like little do we know Sula will be an overcoming character and as the story journeys on she continue to amaze us.

No comments:

Post a Comment