There is wedding fever in the air. Nel is getting married to man named Jude Greene and everyone is excited. A question on our quiz that I failed by the way was did him and Nel get married out of love? The answer to this would be no, Jude just wanted to get married because he wanted to feel like a man. He was trying to get a job by building a new road but he wasn't able to because of all the racism, they would not hire him because he was black. With all this going on Sula is going off to college and their was not as prevalent like in their younger years. The will not see each other for a span of 10 years and I wonder what this will do their relationship and how it will change the dynamics of their relationship. For the past couple of years they were best friends and now they are going into the real world to start their own lives. I don't know but in my eye's I would be scared as heck to be separated from my best friend. In class we discussed how did Helene feel about Nel getting married and I said that she was excited because it was her only child that she could plan a wedding for. She felt like all her hard work as raising her daughter paid off. I think as the book continues on Sula and Nel's relationship will further and further shape how their lives will continue to play out.

No comments:
Post a Comment