Tuesday, July 2, 2013
1920-Reality Hits
Helene, the woman who never lost a battle whatsoever besides the pronunciation of her name Helen. She was the daughter of a whore who is well known all around town. Helene has a daughter named Sula who she has not introduced to her mother. She is so protective of Sula that chooses to shelter rather than letting her explore the real world. Helene took ill and her and Sula traveled to see her before things got worst, little did they know there would a very awkward surprise waiting on them. Helene's mother was there and it took little Sula by surprise because of course this her first time seeing her grandmother but besides that she looked like a hooker. In class my teacher sparked up a good debate concerning whether if our parents was a whore or did drugs, would we let them visit our children. Of course the class was split some said no and others said yes. My reason for saying yes is when you hide something from someone and make it your priority so they will not find it out, that's hurtful. Even though I did not share this with my class I too with through the same thing. My mother hid my father and his family from me. Even he did not reside in the same town as I did his family was there all round. It wasn't until the age of nine that I found out who my biological father was. Still to this day even though I am eight-teen years old I still resent my mother for what she did. Who knows what could've happened in those 3,285 days. I felt like she took a piece of me away and I can never get that back. Even though Sula's grandmother was a bad influence on her that still does not mean that you can allow for the child's to not be involved in his/her life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment