Friday, July 5, 2013

1923-Family,Tragedy,Hate



Wow now this chapter was good, it was juicy. In this Chapter Hannah and Eva both got hurt and while Eva managed to live Hannah did not. There was strange things happening and a lot of symbolism throughout the storyline. In the 1922 my class and I talked about how Sula might harbor her feelings towards what Eva said and in this me and my class both feel that is accurate. She stood on the porch while her mother was running around burning alive from the flames and did NOTHING!!! Now in the last blog I shared my personal experience with my mother and how I might not see eye to eye with her all the time. Just because we might not see eye to eye and damn sure not ever watch my mother burn in front of my eyes, we would be some burning people, for real. There is not enough hate in the world to watch someone that gave you life in this world to watch something that hateful and spiteful. Sula's birthmark is also changing from rose and to a rose with a broken stem. My class and I concluded that this could be due to her new actions it could be a visual representation of how she is changing for the bad/worst/evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment